Business Money Market*
- Minimum of $1 to open
- Earns a tiered variable rate of interest on a daily balance of $2,500 or more
- Limited check writing
- $10 monthly service charge fee if daily balance falls below $2,500
Health Savings Account
The constant changes in health insurance plans and their costs can be overwhelming. A Health Savings Account (HSA) in conjunction with a qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP) may be just what you need. A HSA is a tax-exempt account established exclusively for the purpose of paying or reimbursing qualified medical expenses of you, your spouse and your dependents.
You can use funds in your Northstar Bank HSA to pay for qualified medical expenses until your deductible is met. Business owners may contribute to employee's individual account in conjunction with a qualified high deductible insurance plan.
- Minimum of $1 to open
- $1 minimum daily balance to earn a variable rate of interest
- Checkbook/Debit card **
- Each HSA contribution in excess of the current annual limit will result in a $10 fee
A certificate of deposit at Northstar Bank offers you competitive rates of interest and a guaranteed safe investment.
- Flexible terms from 3 months to 5 years available; minimum $1,000 to open
- Fixed rate options
- Interest compounded and paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually; minimum balance $1,000 to obtain annual percentage yield
- Automatically renewed at maturity with rate in effect at maturity; notice sent 10 days prior to maturity; terms of 30 days or less renew with a 5 day grace period or terms of 31 days or more renew with a 10 day grace period
- Penalty for early withdrawal
Designed to safeguard your investments, CDARS® allows you to receive up to $50 million
in FDIC protection. Northstar Bank is a member of a special network. When you place a large amount with us, we place your funds into certificates of deposit issued by other banks in the network in increments of less than $250,000 - so that both your principal and interest are eligible for complete FDIC protection. These exchanges, which occur on a dollar-for-dollar basis, can bring the full amount of your original deposit back to our bank. As a result, we can make the full amount of deposit available for community lending purposes.
- Safety - Receive up to $50 million in FDIC insurance coverage
- Convenience - Work directly with Northstar Bank. Earn one interest rate and receive one regular statement. Individual investors receive one year-end tax form.
- Community Investment - The full value of your money can support lending opportunities in our local communities
- Rates - Your money earns CD-level returns
- Minimum to Open: $250,000
Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into the CDARS® Deposit Placement Agreement with Northstar Bank. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by Northstar Bank. This benefit applies to some, but not all types of CDARS® transactions. CDARS® is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.
* During any month you may not make more than 6 withdrawals or transfers to another account of yours or to a third party by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer or telephone order or instruction, online banking transfer, or by check, draft, debit card or similar order to a third party. There will be a $10 fee assessed with each transfer/withdrawal made after the 6 allowable preauthorized transfers/withdrawals. Click here for FAQs. **If withdrawn after age 59½ and the account has been open for 5 years or more (begins with tax year of the first contribution). **Subject to approval.