Economic Impact Payments (Stimulus Payments)
To set up a direct deposit account alert, you must be enrolled in Northstar Bank’s online banking.
Set up an alert
- Log in to Online Banking
- Select Options Tab
- Select Alerts
- Select Events
- Navigate to Receiving Incoming ACH Credits
- Choose the desired alert type (eMail, login and/or text)
- Select Submit
- Select Accept if confirmation screen is correct
Direct deposit payments are posted to open accounts on the date set by the Treasury. On the day of your payment, it will post by 10 am. The description of the deposit in your account will include “TAX REF" and "TAXEIP3.”
Protect yourself against fraud and avoid scams
Here are three reminders from the Federal Trade Commission:
- The government won’t ask you to pay anything up front to receive this money.
- The government won’t call, text, eMail or contact you on social media to ask for your Social Security, bank account or credit card number
- There’s no such thing as getting money faster or earlier.
If you believe you provided your bank information to a fake IRS website, please contact your local branch as soon as you can.
For more information on the COVID-19 Stimulus Payments, please visit www.IRS.gov.